The Bowranda™ Standard or Raked Roofs can be installed as a roof only, or with the addition of Outdoor Channel Guided or Roller Blinds in Sunscreen Mesh or clear PVC, providing the essential all-around protection needed from the Sun, Wind, Rain and UV.
The advantage that Bowranda™ has over other forms of sun shading is that it’s a permanent structure, strong and durable, the perfect solution for all weather conditions.
Designed with New Zealand’s residential architecture and seasons in mind, Bowranda™ frame is made of 50 x 80mm square tubing, fabricated with 410 Stainless steel fixings (a hardened version of marine grade stainless steel) with 100mm square posts and is extruded in New Zealand.
The Roof (Skin) membrane composition is held secret, however in essence it is an advanced engineered poly vinyl coated polyester. With a 10 year guarantee, and being thermally stable, the Bowranda™ Roof (skin) reduces solar radiant heat but doesn’t significantly reduce ambient light (meaning it won’t unduly darken the adjacent interior).
Bowranda™ Standard Roofs come in Square, Rectangle, L-Shaped (A) or L-Shaped (B) as shown below. The Strong, Durable, Permanent Structure (manufactured to your bespoke specification) gives Bowranda™ Standard Roof the advantage over other forms of sun shading.
Bowranda™ Raked Roofs come in Square or Rectangle only. The same, Strong, durable, permanent structure (manufactured to your bespoke specification) gives Bowranda™ Raked Roof the advantage over other forms of sun shading.
• Engineered to meet Building Code 3604
• Can withstand winds up to 198km/hr
• Does not leave open faces where inclement weather can come in
• Product has been developed over many years to ensure aesthetic conformity with NZ’s residential architecture
CONSTRUCT – FRAME
• Fabricated using aluminium and powder-coated in the customer’s choice of colour
• 410 Stainless steel fixings used – a hardened version of marine grade stainless steel
• Posts are 100mm square
• Frame is made of 50 x 80mm square tube
• Ten-year guarantee
CONSTRUCT – ROOF (SKIN)
• The ‘membrane’ for the roof comes with a 10-year guarantee
• It doesn’t support the growth of mold, mildew or lichen
• Reduces solar radiant heat (providing shade relief)
• Doesn’t significantly reduce ambient light, meaning it won’t unduly darken the adjacent interior
• Maintains its elasticity for the life of the product – it doesn’t become brittle over time unlike polycarbonate roofing materials
• Due to it being ‘stretched’ over the frame like a drum skin, its elasticity means brittle debris such as bird droppings will wash off in heavy rain
• It is thermally stable so it won’t become loose in hot weather or too taut in cold climates
• It’s tensile strength ensures it meets Building Code 3604 and can withstand high wind zones
• It is a commercial-grade membrane that is used in large industrial and commercial applications (i.e. airports and transport hubs around the world)